I thought I was nominated for a few of these blog awards that circulate happiness and goodwill throughout the WordPress community, and I was getting ready to do an all-in-one acceptance post.
But it turns out it was the same award from two different people, which makes my life easier. It’s not that I don’t like getting them, or that I don’t appreciate that my blog comes to mind when someone else is making their list of nominees. It’s just that I don’t actually read a million different blogs to keep passing the thing along to, and there are only so many quirky and amusing facts about myself that I can list.
However, let’s give it a go. I was nominated for the Seven Things About Me Award by both David Eric Cummins and Katherine Givens. I hope that doesn’t mean I have to come up with fourteen things. I’m not that interesting.
1. I really enjoy those squeezy fruit sauce packs that are suddenly everywhere. I know they’re meant for kids and I should just pick up an apple and eat it like a grown up, but they look like space food. No one can resist space food.
2. I absolutely have to play Tetris or some other mindless, repetitive puzzle game when I’m thinking about what to write. I do it in between every sentence, or when I’m trying to pick the right word. It’s the only way my brain functions.
3. I have more yarn than is good for me. Much of it is very, very nice handmade stuff that was given to me as a gift, but I’m afraid to use any of it because I don’t want to waste it. So it just sits there in my hoard. I am a yarn dragon.
4. I rather desperately want a cat, but I’m not sure it would work out considering how much yarn there is in my apartment.
5. I always wear colorful or patterned socks. Laundry day is often a challenge.
6. I love road trips and highway driving. There’s something very freeing about it, as long as there’s no traffic.
7. I tend to fidget a lot, especially when I’m having conversations with people I don’t know. No napkin edge or coffee stirrer is safe from my anxious hands.
And an extra one, just for kicks:
8. I think you guys are all kinds of awesome. So there.
As for seven blogs, I’m just going to pick seven of my followers at random. And the winners are:
Okay? Okay. In the future, if you’d like to nominate me for another thingy, please leave the comment on my About the Author page so I can keep track of them all in one place.
Until next time. For all my American pals, I hope you had a great Labor Day weekend. And for everyone else…yay for Monday?